The close cooperation of PGILH with Tehran ICH Centre and the effective harmony that resulted from it, on the one hand, and the urgent need observed at various levels for strengthening capacities on the subject of ICH at local, national Iranian, sub-regional, and regional levels encouraged both organizations to consider extending the domain of their cooperation to holding short-term training on fundamentals of ICH, standard workshops with the help of UNESCO facilitators, and additional educational curricula on the subject. The activities of PGILH started in 2013 and the Institute has been constantly involved with them due to their importance in promoting the spirit and goals of the 2003 Convention.
PGILH participation in capacity-building activities include activities like communicating with interested sides and planning workshops for them, providing venues and equipment for workshops, collaboration in preparing teaching materials, design and production of banners, posters, brochures, etc., and playing the role of the secretariat.
The major events that PGILH has participated in include the following, among others:
- February 2013: What is ICH? A presentation for grade one students at Heritage Specialized Secondary School, Tehran, Iran (Dr. Yadollah Parmoun);
- May-July 2014: Lectures on ICH for MA in Archaeology Programme Students at Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran (Dr. Janet Blake, Dr. Yadollah Parmoun);
- October 2014: 3-day ICH Inscription Workshop for Kamantcheh Nomination Drafting Team from Iran House of Music, Safa Music Institute, Siyah-o Sefid Cinema Institute, and PGILH, Iran House of Music, Tehran, Iran (Dr. Yadollah Parmoun);
- December 2014: 2-day Workshop on Fundamentals of ICH, Faculty Members and Research Staff of the Research Iranian Institute for Cultural Heritage and Tourism (RICHT), National Museum of Iran, Tehran, Iran (Dr. Yadollah Parmoun);
- June 2015: Fundamentals of ICH, Iranian NGOs on Culture, on the occasion of the International Day of Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development, ICHHTO, Tehran, Iran (Dr. Yadollah Parmoun);
- June 2015: UNESCO Implementation Workshop for Turkmenistan, Ashgabat, Turkmenistan (Dr. Janet Blake);
- August 2015: Workshop on ICH Inscription, Deputy for Traditional Medicine, Iranian Ministry of Health, Tehran, Iran (Dr. Yadollah Parmoun);
- September 2015: Fundamentals of ICH for Iranian Journalists, on the occasion of the International Day of Literacy and Sustainable Societies, Kushk Heritage Building, Tehran, Iran (Dr. Yadollah Parmoun);
- September 2015: Fundamentals of ICH, and ICH Safeguarding and Tourism, 3-day workshop for Iranian NGOs on Culture, Hamedan, Iran (Dr. Yadollah Parmoun, Dr. Monir Kholghi);
- January 2016: Familiarization with International Legal Treaties and the Related Terminology, capacity-building event for Tehran ICH Centre and PGILH staff, Kushk Historical Building, Tehran, Iran (Dr. Monir Kholghi);
- August 2016: 2 Workshops on ICH Implementation for Tehran ICH Centre, PGILH, and International Affairs at Iranian Research Institute for Cultural Heritage and Tourism (RICHT) staff, RICHT, Tehran, Iran (Dr. Janet Blake, Dr. Yadollah Parmoun);
- 2017: UNESCO Implementation Workshop on ICH, Yerevan, Armenia (Dr. Janet Blake);
- 2018: Participation in drafting the Annual Action Plan of Tehran ICH Centre with proposals on regional workshops (Dr. Janet Blake, Ms. Katherine Azami).
As mentioned, the role of PGILH in the above activities ranged from participation to acting as the executive director and/or organizer.